Tender Tots Child Care Center
Tender Tots Child Care Center was founded in January 2012. We have 2 state of the art facilities conveniently located in the heart of the Bronx. The center located at 3322 Decatur Avenue serves the Norwood and North Bronx community. The center located at 531 East 137th Street serves the Mott Haven / Hunts Point neighborhood. We are currently in the process of opening up additional centers throughout New York City. In order to accommodate our parents’ varying schedules, our centers are open from 7:30 am until 6:00pm. For our UPK age children we offer extended hours from 6:30 am until 6:50 pm. Our experienced, loving staff is dedicated to providing your children with a home away from home!
- In the short time since it has been open, Tender Tots has earned itself an excellent reputation as a daycare center geared towards providing children ages 6 weeks to 6 years with high quality early childhood education. Our After School Program (SACC) is now open for school children ages 6-12 years old. For the past 2 years, we have been running a highly successful UPK program to serve the needs of the community.
- Led by our Educational Directors, Stephanie Goicochea at the Decatur Ave. location, and Vanessa Jimenez at the E. 137th St. location, Tender Tots follows the “Creative Curriculum” method of early childhood education. Our directors have enhanced the curriculum with many of their own innovative educational methods which they have acquired through their many years of experience. This provides children with a passion for learning that will be vital to their success as they leave Tender Tots and enter grade school.
- Our devoted staff members are highly trained and experienced. They are vetted with background checks and fingerprinting and must go through constant training to maintain their high level of expertise in all the latest educational methods. Our teachers partner with the parents to help each treasured child reach their greatest potential.
- Our year round program incorporates a full schedule of skill oriented and fun activities tailor made for each age group. Using the extensive amount of arts and crafts supplies we have available, our talented teachers strive to create educational and fun projects daily for the children. Our staff is careful to pick projects that stimulate their intellect and are enjoyable as well.
- Studies show that children that are read to at a young age gain a head start in reading readiness. We have a large selection of books which the teachers read to the children regularly, as well as multi-media resources available.
- At Tender Tots we believe that top quality daycare should be available to all families regardless of financial abilities. We accept private payments as well as vouchers through ACS, ACD, and HRA. For union members we accept 1199 SEIU vouchers as well.
- Children can’t learn without proper nourishment. Tender Tots provides hot, nutritious, and balanced meals and snacks to all children free of charge.
- Safety is a primary concern for us. Our facilities are fully secure with video cameras recording all activity on premises.
- We are pleased to partner with Bilingual Birdies for all our music, second language and movement activities. Children are introduced to a variety of songs, dances and musical activities focusing on singing and keeping a steady beat to enhance timing, coordination and listening skills. Concepts such as high and low, loud and soft, up and down are taught in a game-like atmosphere. Instruments are used alongside puppets, stories and colorful props to make music exciting and fun. In yoga and aerobics class, children are introduced to a variety of poses that help stretch their muscles, center themselves through balance and a variety of different activities that enhance their overall development.
- For children who require therapy, we provide services in collaboration with TenderCare Therapy Services, LLC.
Our combination of educational excellence and a professional and caring staff makes Tender Tots the obvious choice. Parents can rest assured that their children are being cared for in the best possible manner while they are at work, while at the same time their children are gaining an unparalleled early childhood education.